Friday, June 01, 2007

Couture In The City





Hola Muchachas!

There are so many blogs that I enjoy reading every single day. Music, food, news, celebrity, beauty, fashion, and so many others are some of my favorite categories. Every so often, I will take some time out to recognize some of my favorite blogs.


I live in a small town in the south right now (temporarily, because of school) and there are not a lot of places to find the latest trends or great fashion finds. Everyone wears the same thing, because there's not a lot of places to shop. I can't even find a lot of my favorite fashion magazines such as, Nylon, W, and Vibe Vixen. I need to be in a big city where I will feel at home with the people who care about fashion, and not just the looking cute part of it. People who have knowledge of designers, function, materials, bargains, fashion forecasts, and all the other elements of the fashion culture. If I wasn't in this small college town, I would have never ventured to places on the internet to find my fashion fix and find wonderful fashion blogs, per se Couture in the City. If you like reading about the latest fashion trends, celebrity style, men's fashion, Indie designers, jewelry, and fashion in general, you need to check it out.

Couture in the City was born mid 2005, and it started off as a winner, even though I only discovered it last year. The first month of posts were full of
celebrity style, fashion tips, fashion news, internet deals, and lots of articles. It's like they knew exactly what I needed in my life. I totally related to articles such as Bare Naked, Shopper's Remorse, and Now I Shop Alone, even though I was the friend that complained about my friend's shopping habits. I wish to see more posts like these.

And of course, my favorite posts are the trend features. The most recent one was the color of the season: yellow, eminently titled- 'And It Was All Yellow'. I also love their 'What's New At Life & Style' feature. These posts give the run through of fashion articles reported in the latest issue of the magazine.

Make sure you check out this cool blog. It's refreshing to read when I get frustrated at the lack of fashion info in this small town I'm in. If youre already couture in your city, it's still a great place to find style ideas, bargains and tips. Make sure you subscribe to get the latest updates!
Me Despido Por Ahora



Product of the Week


The product of the week is 100% Pure Coconut Oil by Now Personal Care. I found it when I was browsing through a natural foods store. Coconut Oil is a great beauty product. I use it in my hair, on my skin, and even as a lip treatment. My hair looks so healthy and it makes my skin so soft. Coconut Oil moisturizes better than a lot of body lotions/creams/butters that I have. It's perfect to make body scrubs with too. This product can also be used as a food product and has lot's of health benefits.

No comments: