Friday, July 03, 2009

Sometimes I Really Hate Craigslist

I had an interview three months ago for an internship with a marketing firm. I found out about the position on Craigslist. They have a client that has a clothing line whose concept was 'clothing for girls who hunt'. At the moment they have only t-shirts, hoodies, and pajama short and things like that. They want to expand their line to make it more fashion foward and sell it in boutiques and Walmart.

So, I met up with this woman, showed her my portfolio, and presented some ideas. She seemed to really like what I had to say. She asked me to send her some sketches. Here are a few that I sent







I was so proud of my work! I don't know anything about hunting and I thought I really got the camoflauge, and the gazillion zippers and flap pockets concept of hunting clothing, and I created that in a feminine way.

So she told me that I would hear from her the next day. After not hearing anything for a week, I sent her an email. After another week, I sent another email. She responded and said that she wasn't able to show my work to the company yet. I contacted her one more time another week later and I haven't heard anything, even still to this day!

So what was the point of all that?! Are they gonna steal my designs and not pay me or give me credit? Did they hate it? I'm very very very happy with my internship now, but I still think about it and I get upset. It was very mean to get my hopes up about being a part of designing a clothing line. Anyways I'm ranting. At least I got to practice some drawing...

1 comment:

Brittany said...

forget them, these sketches are amazing!