Thursday, March 11, 2010

Coconut Oil

I wanted better looking better hair, better looking skin, and better overall health. Coconut oil provided all of this for me. I read somewhere on an organic health discussion board about the benefits of taking coconut oil and I wanted to try it. So I bought a tub of room temperature solid coconut oil. I read that most people take a spoonfull of it.

I tried that a few times, and I couldn't take the gagging anymore! Even melting it first was too horrific for me, but I wanted to experience the benefits that everyone else was getting. So one morning, I put it in my coffee, and that took away the greasy feeling in my mouth and the gagging, and my coffee had a hint of coconut flavor. I liked it a lot. Others overcome the greasy feel by putting it in smoothies too.

I bought the tub of coconut oil in the vitamin isle in Walmart for $10.00. Each tub lasts me like a month and a half, so it's a good deal. Oh, and if liquid-form is too unbearable, capsules are available too.

For more info go here


This is the brand I used

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YES coconut oil is amazingggg i use that, olive oil and shea butter in my hair. i love those!

by the way... my cutie hasnt come back :[ i hope he's okay at least