Tuesday, December 01, 2009

The Big Chop... Sort of

Finally! All of the texturized/ relaxed ends are gone. I actually cut the rest of it off in October. I love it! I also dyed it super blonde. You can see it in my profile pic or twitter (www.twitter.com/milliejordan). As I've talked about one million times before, I couldn't have made the transition with out Longhaircareforum.com. I've gained sooo much knowledge about hair care from those ladies and I am forever greatful for that site.

I transitioned from texturized to natural for one year and four months. I had a texturizer for over four years, then I "won" a box of Creame of Nature Relaxer with Organic Oils from an online giveaway. The term "organic" tricked me, but I should've known better because nothing about a relaxer is organic or natural. Anyways, days after using it, my hair turned to straw and was breaking off in the worst way ever. After a few months, without any additional chemical treatments, my hair was getting shorter and shorter from the breakage.

After this incident, I found Long Hair Care Forum, which caters to growing, maintaining, and retaining long healthy hair. I wasn't planning on going natural at first, but I began applying the practices that a lot of the natural ladies use, like co-washing, no heat, and REAL natural/organic products, like butters and oils. I finally decided that I didn't want to texturize my hair anymore. I didn't want flat, straight, dull, limp hair that needed tons of heat EVERYDAY anymore as well. My hair thrived off of these practices.

I did a major trim in June, but I planned on cutting off the rest in June 2010. I think over the next few weeks/months, I became scissor happy and just kept chopping off more and more.

During my transition, I wore buns almost everyday. I decided that I was tired of the same styles and look, so my friend dyed my hair super duper blonde and chopped off the straight ends for me. So, thats where I am today. It kind of reminds me of the Faith Evans look from the early 90's!



I really like it and I've only had the color for about three weeks, but now I want this color.



I guess I have hair A.D.D.... I'll keep you posted on what I'll do next.

So, I guess you cant write a hair post without talking about products. So, here are my staple products that I absolutely cant live without (for now, but I've been mostly using these for months now).


Suave Humectant Conditioner: Non-organic, but goodie


Tresemme Flawless Curls: Non- organic, new to the hair care regimine


Organic Apple Cider, I don't use this brand though


Giovanni Direct Leave-in: Organic, awesome leave-in conditioner


Spectrum Coconut Oil: Organic, This is the exact brand I use


Mango Butter: Organic


Castor Oil: Organic, this is the brand I use


Denman Brush: I think this is the one I have, perfect for defining curls


Aloe Vera Gel: Pure, No frangrace or color added, longer curl hold


Garnier Fructis Matte Paste: Non organic, but lays down my edges like a dream! New product to the regimine


Deep Conditioning Products

Lustrasilk Cholesterol with Shea Butter: Non- organic, but lots of natural ingredients


Shea Butter: Organic


Vegetable Glycerine: Organic

No comments: