Thursday, January 25, 2007

Beatnik




Hey Ya'll!

I've secretly been a fan of Mod fashion, also called Beatnik fashion for awhile now. I love the cleanliness and sharpness of the look. By the way, a Beatnik is a person from the Beat generation who's behavior and style of dress is nonconformist. It started in the late 1950's and 1960's. The fashion was the opposite of the flowery, flowy, hippie look.

Some items of Beatnik fashion include, pea coats, cigarette pants, ballet slippers, striped tops, tall boots, berets, and sweater- dresses.
Me Despido Por Ahora
Mint




Product of the Week:



The product of the week is Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons. (That's a mouth- full.) So this is my new favorite body wash. I've been using it for about a month now and I love it. It makes my skin so soft, especially when I use it after a scrub. And I don't need to use lotion after use. It comes in three other washes, with almond oil, aloe extract, radiance ribbons, and my favorite, jojoba butter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll admit that I don't know much about Mods. But Beats? Beats I know. Not the same thing. The Beats (or "Beatniks") were a group of writers and artists (many of them poets) who were collectively lumped into a certain lifestyle that was associated with drugs and anti-conformist attitudes, including ANTI-fashion. I might be mistaken, but I understand that the Mods were more deliberate in their fashion choices. I think it's pretty safe to say that the Beats were pretty much apathetic toward promoting any kind of aesthetic.