Thursday, September 03, 2009

A Rant About Pantene Pro-V

Every few years, Pantene introduces a product that I think will cater to my needs. I was sooooo excited when the Relaxed and Natural line came out. I used it faithfully for about two years. I had beautiful hair for the first year. After the first year, I stopped going to salons because I moved to an area that wasn't used to hair like mine. I became a DIYer, and the Relaxed and Natural line was working like it used to.

So a few years ago, Pantene introduced Ice Shine and I raved over it. I thought it was a miracle product. I used heat on my hair daily, and it was becoming lifeless and dull. I found Ice Shine at a CVS, and I had instant shine and hair that "appeared" to be healthy. After a few months, I had breakage, and dull and lifeless hair again. I thought my hair became 'immune' to the product.

Later, I became friends with a girl who was attending beauty school. She told me that Pantene is an inferior product and lots of people experience breakage, and bad hair side effects with it. She said there is something in the Pantene's products that masks the hair, which eventually the hair responds negatively to it. I thought back to my 'Relaxed and Natural' and 'Ice Shine' experiences, so I immediately decided to stop using their products.

Fast forward to February 2009. Pantene introduces Nature Fusion with Cassia and other natural ingredients. I was sucked in. I am transitioning, and I want my hair to be strong through this process. I bought a bottle of the Moisture Balance. I was so excited. I knew Pantene had finally come around.

I was a little weary, so I would use a bottle of Suave Humectant, then Nature Fusion. I would rotate. For months this worked out great. My hair 'seemed' stronger. For about three weeks I stopped using Nature Fusion, I don't know why. But I eventually bought another bottle.

While washing my hair in the shower, clumps, and clumps, AND CLUMPS of my hair were coming out. I was so scared! I couldn't believe I let myself be tricked by this company again! I did some more research and read that Pantene products contain a wax that coats the hair, which makes it appear healthier. After a while, the 'wax' builds up. This results in breakage, dry hair, limp hair, dull hair, and damaged hair. So, I will no longer use Pantene Pro-V under ANY circumstances. They're deceiving tricksters out to ruin my hair! And yours too!

1 comment:

CutThePrice said...

love them and love your blog...x